Collaborative Leadership
Viable Bone Marrow Donor
Abstract
I will be serving as the Vice President of a student chapter of USITT; a National recognized organization that allows young technicians and designers to network and gain experience. My goal will be to provide fundraisers and leadership on how to get our chapter to the conference to find employment for our club members.
Be the Match is a national organization whose main goal is to find donors for patients who suffer from various forms of Leukemia and other life threating diseases. I propose a project that allows testing by a simple swab of both cheek, for employees of premier pediatrics, and myself and for the duration of a month, parents with their children’s well child check; along with a dedicated day for just testing. With this project we want to expand the search for viable bone marrow donors to save lives of those nationwide
I changed it because a new and more relevant opportunity was given to me. A chance to save lives with my edge project.
Goals
Get SUU USITT Chapter to the conference this year. It will be held in SLC 2. Train underclassmen of the professionally of the theatre world 3. Show other students how to network and market themselves in the professional industry.
The goal was to train and get volunteers to run and work with Be the Match in finding viable candidates for bone marrow donation.
My goal changed when I changed my project
Objectives
To obtain a higher knowledge on how to train other people as a group. 2. How to work cohesively with other board members.
The new objective was to spread awareness about bone marrow donation and how it affect anyone anywhere.
They were met, because I had a wide range of volunteers who heard about what I was doing and wanted to help out with the donor drive.
Deliverables
A new set of Constitution and Bylaws regarding policy on new members and the expectations of the board members training.
Over 200 donor check swabs for viable candidates to be put on the donor registry.
No comments:
Post a Comment